It came with really interesting info regarding the upcoming Royal Edition along with the growth of the game and its particular DLC expansions.
Developers also warns the Royal Edition will consist of improvements to this narrative and also that a brand new update coming to the most important game in March, even if no information has been given on its actual content.
You can read the summary below. Remember that it includes spoilers for those who have not played with the game, so in the event that you want to go in blind once the Royal Edition and Windows Edition launching next month, then you should probably refrain from reading further.
- Since Ignis’s characterization was more difficult to acquire across compared to Prompto along with Gladio’s, his screen time at Chapter 1 was increased.
- Ignis’s tours were more difficult to come up with than Prompto and Gladio’therefore, therefore they used “glasses” as a starting point from the brainstorming stage.
- The car-pushing occasion at the outset of Chapter 1 was originally likely to be 15 minutes.
- To boost the feelings of delight and anticipation that a journey involves, the Rock of Ravatogh has been created to be observable if the player pushes the vehicle in Chapter 1.
- In Chapter 3 it was originally assumed that there would be many more people visiting Iris than to the Chocobos, but it was to be another way round.
- The Royal Edition may supplement the main narrative; please enjoy the many additions!
- The group couldn’t go in to detail, but there’ll be another update in March.
- Episode Duscae was originally going to be “Episode Titan,” but it was later changed to be a demonstration based around an open-world experience.
- A spectacle that was cut from the primary game in which Gladio flirts with Sania was added into the FFXV Pocket Edition.
- The painting demo showed a Yoshitaka Amano painting of Luna mid-battle in the Royal Edition. It depicted Noctis fighting along with her as well as Bahamut, who didn’t appear much in the main game.
- It was initially planned for players to be able to craft items in the trunk of their Regalia. By way of instance, if you put meat it might eventually become. It evolved into strategies for an event where Cindy puts luggage though this was not implemented. In the end, the trunk was cut from the game.
- Episode Ignis was going to be just like a strategy-based RPG (t/n: believe Dragon Age style), but this made battles rather boring, so it became what it is now.
- Fight controls in Comrades have been discussed. The team also shared issues when they have been developing the orders and anecdotes which came up.
- Noctis was initially going to really have a bachelor party in Galdin Quay, however due to Hajime Tabata, it was recognized that it could be tough to really relax under the circumstances and had been cut. (t/n: assuming そらはない is 空がない, which signifies something like “restless air”)
- The multiple endings of Episode Ignis troubling at the beginning. There was also disagreement over what could happen upon putting on the ring. The team started developing from the notion that lack of eyesight was not an just an aesthetic choice. In terms of the endings, since the ending of the primary game was good, the alternative ending carries a sense of denial.
If you would like to find out more, you’ll be able to have a look at a preview for every, also a batch of 4K screenshots, and a few rather crazy images taken on account of Nvidia Ansel in the recently-released benchmark of the Windows Edition. In case you can not run the benchmark yourself, you may also enjoy a video.