Today Ubisoft published its financial results for the third quarter of financial year 2017-18, which ended on December 31st, 2017.
Below you can take a look at a breakdown of revenue by stage and by area. As usual, PS4 stays Ubisoft’s top-selling platform.
Chief Executive Officer Yves Guillemot also accompanied the press release with an announcement, supplying more info concerning the subject of Ubisoft’s business between October and December 2017.
“Our very strong third-quarter performance highlights two areas in which we’ve made significant strides. To begin with our games’ reside operations are making steady progress. This has fueled momentum for both electronic and back catalog, which hit record highs this past year. Second, the increasingly recurring profile of our business has had a very positive impact on our releases. By taking additional time to develop our games, we have been able to deliver three top notch titles as August, including the grand return of Assassin’s Creed. ”
“These successes show our differentiating strategy of blending long-term investment within our talented teams and our multi-studios collaboration model is paying off. This strategy enables us to provide high quality blockbusters while maintaining our communities participated via routine big upgrades. Consequently, Ubisoft is perfectly positioned to achieve its targets for financial 2017-18 and 2018-19. ”
In addition, we get a series of bullet points featuring the writer’s most important accomplishments during the last quarter.
Great execution Throughout the plank
– Assassin’s Creed® Origins:
o Industry’s best-seller in EMEA at 2017
o Typical playtime each player anticipated to almost double2
– Tom Clancy communities: nearly 60 million exceptional players
– Ghost Recon® Wildlands: Business’s seventh best-seller at EMEA and tenth in NCSA
– Rainbow Six® Siege esports: World-famous teams — Evil Geniuses, Team Liquid,
FaZe Clan and Counter Logic Gambling — joined the Pro League
– The Section®: Player participation over supplementing using the 1.8 update
– SwitchTM: Ubisoft is the console’s major third-party writer, together with Mario +
Rabbids® Kingdom Battle standing top-seller for Switch’s third party games
– For Honor®: Fifth most seen brand new game on Twitch in 2017
– Mobile: 75.6 percent Increase and partnership signed between Ketchapp along with Tencent at
Really Considerable advance for digital transformation (nine-month interval)
– Sharp 75.0% rise in Digital revenue to $670.3 million (representing 56.3 percent of total
sales compared with 47.2 percent one year previously)
– PRI3 increased 87.4% to $318.5 million (representing 26.7% of total sales compared
with 20.9% one year before)
Confirmation of the ardently recurring profile of the Group’s business (nine-month interval)
– Back-catalogue earnings up 31.5 percent to $608.8 million
Last but not least, the press launch showcased a list of Ubisoft’s releases throughout the present quarter (before March 31st, 2018).
If you wish to compare, you can also check out the previous quarter’s outcomes in our committed post.